View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2004, 09:08 PM   #4
larocque6689
Warrior

(Desanto timeline continued)

Additional details came out as to what we would have expected in the series that would have followed. Herb Jefferson, to be cast in the pilot, would have had a semi-regular role. Jane Seymour had contacted the studio, wanting a role in the new project. Desanto would have cast her as one of the angels aboard the Ship of Lights, and as a possible redeemer to help bring Apollo back into the Colonial fold. Sheba, not cast in the pilot, would have returned in command of the Pegasus later in the series. Casseiopeia, now married with children, would also have had a role in the series, along with Colonel Tigh. Desanto had intended to bring back Patrick Macnee as Iblis, who would save seen see his role usurped by his son.

Dirk Benedict was to have a prominent role in the pilot. In a July 2002 interview at SciFiPulse he said:

"I was excited to play Starbuck 20 years older. The same man. Still drinking, smoking and chasing women, but at 50 it has a completely different resonance than when you are in your 20's. Full of pathos. Still romantic and in a way charming and enticing but also lonely and a bit sad. Tom agreed with me on these things. We would not have made him politically correct. I think the fans would have enjoyed it extremely and he would have been marvelous character by which to introduce all the young and the new stars of the revival... Tom DeSanto, as you know, was going to use original members to bridge from what was to what would have been. I regret he was distanced from this project."