View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM   #9
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

Default Re: Wilco Models Prop offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieal Deneb View Post
I'm interested in 1 laser and 1 set of recharge cylinders.

A thread/tutorial on how to assemble and paint the laser would be awesome as well as a "how to finish your belt" thread. Do you have any estimated time as to when you'll put in the order/need money/ship things out?

Thanks!
I'm going to let this thread stay open for about 3 more days. I can tel you that if everyone who has even expressed interest does order, then we have a damn good order.

I'll be very honest, Wilco is a little slow on the order department. It can take a bit of time to get the order once it's placed. But I'll tell you now, I've spent well over $2,000 with them and have never been disappointed (except for the wait) Most of these were Star Wars blaster kits for star wars costumers. (and myself as well) The reason for the delay is Wilco is a 1 man operation, and the man is active duty Military. (he's stationed right by his house) and this is a garage operation.

as soon as I get a responce from I'll post the details, contact everyone who has expressed interest and start collecting for the order. (say about a week, week and a half till I start askign for a monetary commitment)

as soon as I recieve the order form wilco (and I'll be updating the thread with status) the individual orders will be sent out within 3 days of me getting the stuff. (if anyone would want me to finish the props, I'll give a timeline then)

Finishing the blaster is easy. Basically you will have to sand down the back of the emitter (the "muzzle" part of the laser) to make it level, and thern sand down the extra matterial at the front end of the laser body.

This is not the actual Wilco Blaster, but it's one of the many clones of it out there. (The original molds come from the BSG.ORG laser originally offered about 10 years ago now) You will level off the front, and then glue the muzzel onto the laser. The biggest difference

This is the Wilco kit. If the Kit has a seperate trigger (the 2 I ordered last year had the trigger molded onto the laser) then you level the back end of the trigger and glue it onto the trigger area.

Finishing the rest of the gunbelt can be a new thread. I'll open that later

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote