View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:46 AM   #13
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I have three cats, two of which I rescued from other places and one I chose on my own when she was just a baby. Actually, I chose her and her cousin, who was the best cat ever. He absolutely adored my Shepherd, but he ran away when the puppy came to live with me and I never found him again. Poor Grendel.

They all love attention, but only when they want it, otherwise they turn their noses up at me and walk away. My dogs on the other hand are part Velcro. I can't move without them jumping up and following me. I can't even count how many times I have moved to avoid the puppy and ended up tripping over the Shepherd. It was lots of fun when I had knee surgery and was on crutches for almost two months.

I love all animals, but, I much prefer dogs. I hate litter box duty and would much rather occasionally rake some poo out of the yard than clean those nasty things out twice a week.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote