View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #14
repcisg
Bad Email Address

OK I’ll take a turn.

Handle: Unlike most things in my profile there is a bit of history behind it. None of which has any bearing on the internet. Many Moons back I joined a startup software company as head of development. We handed out sever Id’s based on our initials and the company name and group. So repcisg means rep(my initials) Cynosure (company name) Information Systems Group (my department). The products I developed worked great, were on time and under budget. But the CEO got bored and started to party on the company, he also thought he was the greatest salesman in the world. Well to make a long story short, we found out that most of the accounts that should have bought our products had a bad experience with the CEO at some point during negotiations (I’m being really polite here). So we fired him. I took over and fought for two years to save the company, but the damage was done and I finally closed the doors. After all that I kind of hung on to the handle out of sentiment.

Avatar: This was one of the early Avatars put out at 3Dgladiators for those of us artistically challenged. Again I kind of hate to change it for sentimental reasons. I’m kind of sentimental you see.

Signature: Well one day I was paying a visit to the Doctor, my blood pressure was way to high. This was shortly after I had closed the doors on five years of very intense effort. She was aware of the situation and was concerned that with this “new” problem I might do something drastic. Out of the blue I just laid it on her. Well she figured I must be OK if that is how I looked at things.

Thought it might fit with our current situation. I have another which speaks to my very, very large ego. I have learned over the years to keep it toned down a bit, at least in public.

Profile: Just to lazy to fill it all in.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote