View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2005, 11:33 PM   #183
Lara
Squadron Leader

Such a cool thread!
I've always wondered about how people come up with the things that replace their physical presence when we are all in cyberspace!!

Great side discussions about history, too.
I don't think there is anything weird about liking history AND sci fi. Been like that for decades, myself, and hang with a bucket load of like minded bods.

I like my history as the ancient to medieval variety, and to re enact/ recreate not just read or collect. For that particular itch in my life the scratch is the SCA.

For sci fi, well, that part is summarised in my profile, but I have too many books, DVDs and got cable for the classic sci fi FTA wasn't giving me.

This is only the 2nd forum I have joined, altho I have been on a few SCA lists.
Both here and at CA, my handle is Lara. Originally it was going to be Lara's Cat, but the CA board wouldn't take it and locked out any changes (it wasn't the mods, the system..) Sandy rescued Lara out of it for me.

Either way its related to my BSG fanfic, more specifically to fanfic I used to write with penfriends back in the early 80's, but that I continue on my own now.
Lara is a warrior like Sheba was or Athena should have been.
Lara's Cat is the image she allows an entity to take when she has a near death experience after a launch bay accident, that is something close to an angel or spirit. At the time she doesn't believe its real. The proof comes later, but the use of the Cat for me, is to represent a presence that is real, but malleable.

No avatar at this point in time (I'm not clever enough yet to capture one..)

No sig here.
The first one I used at CA (and would use again) is a reference to Lara's conversation with the cat the second time she sees it,

Lara said: You are here?" and Cat replied:
"You CALLED me this time.. Not that your pain isn't a beacon across the seven realities.."

It was appropriate at the time of the clone wars and the diappointment over the deSanto projects demise

The one I use currently there is a quote about the need for Middle Earth in our lives, at this point in history.
Lara is offline   Reply With Quote