View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #40
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

I just have to say that as a matter of general principle, I am totally opposed to the concept of redoing FX for a series or a movie for that matter decades after the fact. To me, it violates the artistic integrity of the original effort when special FX that were not a part of the era the film was produced in suddenly get inserted in the middle of all this and serves ultimately to distract from the *story* itself being told. To me, the power of Saga comes from the manner in which the story unfolds and in which the actors do their part to get me to connect with things, and changing the FX sequences would only serve to deflect attention from that. This is why I was opposed to the SW special editions and why I will also never have anything to do with the Trek episodes tampered in this fashion.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote