View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2006, 10:17 PM   #5
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Hey! That's nice work Smallworld.
For me, it sorta resembles the shuttles on Space: Above and Beyond with the rotating engines at the edges of the wings. I like the rear ramp and the gun(?) in the nose very much.

If you don't mind a suggestion and I'm not trying to nitpick, I did notice a thing or two. Warriors would have to be extra careful egressing from the craft from the rear or they might run into the engine wash from the turbos. On a routine run, it would not be a problem. However, if they were landing in a "Hot LZ", it could be a really big problem. I'm not sure what the solution might be to avoid this one issue.

The other is the seating arrangement in the rear area. It kinda looks cumbersome to get in and out. You might consider rotating the seats 90 degrees left and right (respectively) so the backs of each of the seats are against the fuselage. This would facilitate an easier entry and exit from the craft. The seating arrangement would be a similar design used in the Colonial shuttles as well.

These are just some thoughts I had that you might find helpful or useful. Please don't take offense. Do keep up the excellent work. I like the concept a great deal. Keep on going.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote