View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #91
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper
So, when asked flat out, you decline to State only Facts and proof. I asked for no arguement, I didn't ask for a recap of your opinion. I asked for the simple facts.

I have indeed followed this thread, and frankly, the reason I asked for these "facts" is simply cause you provided no facts. You have amply provided your opinion, and backed that up with other opinions that happened to support you. But there hasn't been a single FACT presented in this arguement. You are simply relying on being in the majority. that's fine.

But where you fail, is in the RESPECT aspect of any arguement.

It's a telling FACT that you are on shakey ground if you can't convince someone who SHARES your opinion, why he should support you.
HOLD ON. First off i don't share yours or Eric's opinion and i'm not asking you outright to follow or vouch for me. My ground is firm enough thank you. Thats your views right there not mine Reaper, and i'm not going to try to alter anybody's mind or bully anybody on here (thanks for that metaphor even if its incorrect about me though).

We were having a discussion and you got involved. But thats your views on how its gone so far and hence only that? But clearly it isn't the reality of the situation that was started on here Reaper. And since when should a "flat out decline" of anything you've asked me, be seen as weakness of anykind? , can't say holding a view of not engaging the 'tech' questions that Taranis and myself were talking about and matters of bringing up possible other avenues to take this in, could be in anyway shape or form be interpreted as a failure on anybody's behalf.

I told you in repsonce go re-read the thread. if you had done that you'd have examined the articles and posts made since last year, you failed to bring them up thus glazed over what was on the table already arguement wise.

Quote:
Why haven't I asked these same questions to Eric? the answer is simple. While he has argued against you, he has respected your side, and presented his agruement against. He's answered you point for point and made a compelling arguement to the contrary of your position. He has claimed no facts, and not belittled your opinion.
WRONG he has obviously belittled and usually does so, but this isn't about him nor am i going there again. But you can't deny the tone of this thread changed in his first posting (40# and 50#) and no certainly hasn't answered me point for point, but feel free to think so. Myself and everyone have made compelling arguements, if you're so honest, then say so and go about crediting everyone and all we've brought up and discussed on here since day one Matdaor started this topic!

Like i said if you read the earlier posts and you haven't? You'd know i agreed on one or two points Eric made before hand, not without some further harsh negativity from the other end of things in responce though. So quit the lack of respect angle, cos its lost here. You haven't exactly come in with bells on saying you disagreed with us, but love our passion for the thread/potential project etc etc etc.

Not taking credit for it, but this thread was dormant until i remember i said a few things i promised i'd get around to and wondered if i should take it up again and ask around (and i have?) Don't act like you had a more valid opinion implying you cared more matador thread, otherwise without DK, matador, Taranis myself and others you'd have been here for months already talking and reviving this thread without me and it'll been ongoing rather than be forgotten about.

Quote:
I do think we need to close this thread, move past what's been argued and start a new topic. The new one should be on topic and not include the debate on whether we should or shouldn't do it. but if we can, and how much can we do.
Wow, so don't actually start a thread, but jump in and after a few comments in a discussion/arguement that been going on since last year and ask for it to be closed suddenly. Gee why don't i do that, jump into other people's threads on CF and start arguments and ask for them to be close after a few heated barbs???

Weren't you just on about something called respect!!!

Arguing going on or not, i like this thread but its isn't mine and i've never claimed it neither. Its Matador's go take this up with him but don't disrespect him by asking for it to be closed at all. I don't go into thread where you and Eric hang out and ask for them to be closed, whether arguing going on or not. You think you say? I think your out of line*, its not your call nor should you be implying that scenario either.

I STAND behind that statement* 110% myself.

I really do dislike closing a thread, simply because a person cannot check his or her tongue, at the door. I trust the meaning of that remark is clear to all.

Oh i'm not going to ruin it for anybody, i came back here to restart a passion and asked Matador in 'private' if he still was interested in his old thread. So while i'm a brutally honest person, i can stay away from arguing when i know the roundabout circle of opinions clogs up a place and i'm better than that. And i won't address whomever i feel is trying to change the tone again. But i just felt Matdaor thread is one of this BG fanbases potential **diamonds in the rough** that should garner more attention.

That attention can do without any foolish ignorance far as i'm concerned. And alot of what Taranis has brought up was fasinating things getting my imagination going.

Don't close anything BST. Allow Matador or Taranis to continue this thread without me if need be. And i'll get back to them once we've debated my list elsewhere's for the discussion on here.

Thank you!

KJ