View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2004, 07:56 PM   #85
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I always find that "Living Legend" is one of the most watchable episodes of TOS. I never tire of this one... I think that Lloyd Bridges did a wonderful job as Commander Cain - he wasn't a young guy, but he did have that "spark of life" to him. Lloyd Bridges still had that spark later on - you should see him play the part of Ted Danson's father in "Cousins" with Isabella Rosselini.

It was understandable how Cain's crew felt about him - they'd been fighting the Cylons successfully on their own for some time longer than the Galactica had been running from them. I really felt for Cain when Adama pulled rank on him - I know that Adama was the commander of the Fleet, but that fleet was comprised largely of refugees. I never really understood how Adama managed that one.

I think the only scene that really bugged me was when Cain knowingly destroyed the two Cylon tankers. just so they would have to go for the fuel depot at Gamoray. I think along with the Cylon tankers, he destroyed a bit of his credibility with Apollo and even Sheba.

Another thing I found interesting was the fact that Sheba was a combat pilot. In "Lost Planet of the Gods", they made it sound like there weren't any female warriors in the fleet. I always wonder how Sheba got by them.....!

I love this episode!

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote