View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #18
MAD
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica 31st Anniversary Gift for all TOS ries fans still out there

About half year ago I tried contacting Dick Durock to get his story on how he played a Cylon and the Imperious Leader. Sadly Dick didn't feel well and postponed the interview. Two months ago Dick sadly passed away before I could talk to him. Many of the cast and crew are in their 60s and 70s, some are well in their 80s and even 90s. Every year pieces of knowledge and unique material die with the people who own them (cast/crew AND fans!). Please share your info and images now. This too is part of the continuation of our beloved series! (don't just hold your breath for some new movie which probalby will never happen; trust me: I KNOW it's further away than ever!)

I'm sad to say (besides Bishop37) I've had no one contacting me with new, never published material to put up on the GALACTICA.TV website. I know (especially here), there are some big collectors who can help solve some pieces of the puzzle I still miss: more costume art from Dorleac, the Cylon sketches from Johnston, information on the making of the Imperious Leader, Ovions, Daggit or whatever, storyboards, callsheets, any concept art we haven't seen yet, backstage photos on set, costume fittings, etc., etc..

I plan on doing a special on the models too and I know you all have plenty (I have have like 500 backstage photos but on this board I often see images I've never seen before!) So if anyone out there feels like sharing his knowledge please contact me. If someone likes to write an article/analysis on his favorite model (screenused, not his own ) or cares to explain how all the models came about (history article on the Dykstra or Universal Hartland group), let me know. I'd be more than happy to publish it and you'll be of course credited as the writer. Most articles I have up now were visited over 150,000 times these past two months, so there's a serious audience.

Let me (AGAIN) share some of my recent buys/finds (and I know all you model builders will LOVE the second one).

The last thing I recently bought was this concept art:

It's a communicator proposal for the left Cylon gauntlet. The sketches are made by Andrew Probert.

I also bought this excellent dyeline of this unused ship proposal:

This concept art was made by John Shourt under guidance of Joe Johnston. Until I bought this dyeline I didn't even know John Shourt did art for the series since he's credited as a production assistent. Luckily I also managed to track him down, soon after I bought this art. During the interview we did he told me he also worked on the breathers/snow mask from "Gun on Ice Planet Zero" (together with Martin Kline), he helped on the model of the Livery/Mining ship (flat, 3 disc ship), painted the name "Galactica" on the big model and also painted the mask/head of the Imperious Leader.

That's the kind of knowledge I'd like to get from you too! Visit GALACTICA.TV, use the contact form or email me at info [at] galactica.tv
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote