View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #126
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
"On the Moore unfamilarity with the original Battlestar Galactica series : This is a battle I can never win primarily because those who look at this on both sides see what they want to see."

Antelope, this is not true. We have simply taken Ron Moore at his word when he said time and again that his viewing experience of the original Battlestar Galactica series since 1979 was one and a half episdoes in the time leading up to when the miniseries aired. That means he did NOT go back to the original series for inspiration in any way. You can make a subjective argument that the miniseries isn't as anti-religious as people like me think, but what you can not do is twist the objective factual record into something that suits your agenda, because a square peg will not fit in a round hole no matter how much you try to argue the point.
I just thought an update to this might be helpful here is an excerpt from a letter from Ron Moore

Quote:
Date: 09/05/2002

Also, there's a misperception that I didn't even watch the original pilot until after I pitched the show, but that's not true (I was either misquoted in some interview or I misspoke). The sequence of events was: I got a call from David Eick asking if I'd be interested. I thought about it over a weekend, had an idea for remaking the pilot and then agreed to work out a pitch. A couple of weeks of work followed, during which time I watched the pilot at least three times before we ever went in to pitch it to first the studio and then the network.
if you wish to read the entire letter it can be read here: http://www.galactica2003.net/articles/moore090502.shtml
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote