View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2003, 03:53 AM   #1
Last Battlestar
Shuttle Pilot

Default The eve of the war...

Well guys, the time is near. Soon you will see the new vision of Galactica the way TPTB and Moore think it should be.

But we know better.

Listening to the fans (some of us loyal since the original 1978 screening of the show) could have saved Sci Fi from the inevitable failure of it's new show and the careers of those involved. Don't say we didn't warn you.....My comfort in all of this is the thought of Moore, Eick and Hammer who must be absolutely ****ing bricks right now reading all those bad reviews! I can't wait to see that smirk wiped off Moore's face.

I received my DVD set yesterday and was again struck by the sheer magic, the epic scope and the warm sentimentality of BG:TOS. It's really not gone, just waiting for those with the will and talent to bring it to life once again. That time may be closer than we think.

I've always loved Adama's line to Tigh in 'Hand of God':

"I'm TIRED of running"

I'm sure this is how we all feel after many yahrens of fighting the unyielding enemy. Somehow I feel that the airing of the mini series is the turning point in the war. The enemy has shown it's strength, winning the first battle. But in doing so has exposed it's weaknesses, allowing the forces of good to ultimately prevail. We have the combined force of Larson, Hatch, DeSanto and ourselves to see this war through to the end. We will win. Good always triumphs over evil.

The battle lines have been drawn. Launch when ready.

Just some musings from this side of the pond, Mike, Oz.
Expected Completion Date: UNKNOWN

Apollo: 'Let's go home'
Starbuck: 'Some home. A piece of metal in the middle of nowhere'
Apollo: 'Sure beats just plain nowhere! Let's go in....'

".... I am still trying to get my mind around the dried up armadilo look. The 'gator just seemed to work better." -dvo47p

Last Battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote