View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2004, 09:12 AM   #31
BRG
Warrior

Thumbs down *

This was poor. 1 out of 5.

For me, this episode started pretty well, but completely fell apart in the second half. I enjoyed the stuff on the Galactica. The finding of the 'Earthship', the problem with trying to safely remove them from the life tubes(I can't recall the correct term!), and the way opinion was split between those who thought they should be imidiatly removed from the tubes- led by Dr Welker, the ships scientest. And those who felt they should be freed to retuned to there original corse- led by Dr Salik, the ships CMO. This part of the episode was good, and George Murdoch was excellent as Dr Salik, probably his best episode.

But it was just awfull once they went planetside. Hector & Vector, WTF! Those two are the worst characters I have ever seen. I would honestly rather watch a 3 hour movie starin Jar Jar Binks & Wesley Crusher than sit through another 5 minutes with those two! I understand that the actors who played them were huge stars from Song & Dance- one othe them played the Scarecrow in 'The Wizard of Oz', but they just never worked. And I found it unbelievable that Sarah would wreck both Vipers just to keep Apollo on the planet.
The dead city was pretty cool, had a very spooky feel to it, but apart from that it was a disaster.

But I also loved the look on Leiter's face as they approched the Galactica. One great line popped into my head-" Thats no moon, thats a space station......"
Very cool!
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote