View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #12
jjrakman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
I think jj was being a bit sarcastic...

No, not really. I think that the game is pretty much up on this.

We've been buying books, comics, toys, models, replicas, etc. for 3 decades to show our support with our wallets.

We've been writing letters for decades to anyone and everyone who might have some power over this, and have even taken out ads.

Hollywood hates to take anything seriously that once contained feathered hair and/or disco.

Larson has been saying he's been wanting to do a movie for decades, and he holds the rights in his hands, which he's been sitting on...for decades.

All of this to no effect.

And worse than no effect, they gave us the opposite of what we've been asking for, a new crap show, with a new crap spinoff that's going to run with no end in sight.

I don't doubt that DeSanto is sincere, but I just don't think this is going to happen. You may as well pound your head into a brick wall.

But even if DeSanto were to pull something off, the earliest we'd see something is probably still years away, and the principals are fast approaching their 70's.

I think the best we can hope for is when the current drek has been forgotten, to hope someone else will remake the series 20 years from now, and be a little more faithful to the novelization (the source material).