View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:41 AM   #82
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default some questions and comments

1. Has it ever been determined who played the fourth triad player (the guy with the mustache)? Who was the sports announcer? Who played the angels? They are all uncredited.
2. Iblis allows the Council of 12 to ask for three requests. You hear the first two--Baltar's surrender, and the coordinates to Earth. The third is never mentioned. I am wondering if the writers simply didn't know what to come up with, and so never created one.
3. When Galactica first aired in 1978 and 1979, there was a two and a half month gap between the first episode of Living Legend and the last episode of War of the Gods, because of the holidays and reruns. In those five episodes, Anne Lockhart was originally listed as a guest star. She wasn't added to the opening credits until Man with Nine Lives. There was no discussion anywhere about her being added to the series (the Internet didn't exist yet, and there were no fan clubs), so I didn't know her status. I have always thought she was supposed to die at the end of War of the Gods. It looked to me like the script was rewritten during November and December 1978 after the producers discovered that the public liked her character. What do you think?
4. In a deleted scene on the DVD, Starbuck and Boomer are getting ready to play triad. Look at the two players in the background--one of them looks like Ortega!
5. The music in this episode is not repeated anywhere else, especially the scene with the Ship of Lights. The music for those scenes is reminiscent of Carmina Burana. What is Carmina Burana, you ask? It was a poem written in Latin hundreds of years ago about fate and death. It was set to music in the 1930s by Carl Orff, and in the past 15 years has become a popular choral piece. It is used as trailer music for every upcoming horror movie anymore. Yet the music would not have been well-known in the 1970s, so it wouldn't have been obvious then. I don't have a way to upload music. Perhaps one of you can upload the Ship of Lights theme and the brief segment of Carmina Burana that sounds almost identical.

Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote