Thread: Saga Views
View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #2
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Great read Bishop!

Quote:
Everything you need to know about the universe Galactica exists in is to be found in the script, the Cylon’s raison d’etre, Uri’s rise to power etc. In fact the political machinations are mostly kept off screen and are just a couple of lines here and there, mainly because Larson doesn’t want to bore his audience silly with political shenanigans and also because they really aren’t the focus of the show.
That paragraph speaks volumes about how Moore doesn't get Battlestar Galactica. He had to rewrite the villain because he didn't pay attention. He forgot or didn't care that when people tune in for a show titled Battlestar Galactica they expect a sci-fi adventure program. I'd argue the ratings reflect that. This can be done today with gritty reality and done with out feathered hair.

Quote:
It’s easy to write off Lorne Greene’s performance with some lazy Bonanza put down if you want to criticise, but he’s really the star of the whole damn show!
Exactly lazy, Greene is a no talent hack because he worked on a popular show of a more inocent time? Greene, I own the edtited two hour theatre version but never watch it because to many of his great moments are left out.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote