Thread: Warrior Boots
View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #12
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

Default Re: Warrior Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouri-Plwel View Post
Well at this point I only really have two options....pay $280 for the SIDI Joel Roberts and re-finish them (most accurate I am going to find for my big size 12.5 foot), or pay $450 for the Motorcowboy replicas completely built to my size. Either way I want a good looking quality boot that will last and do the costume justice. You all have the experience here so I am open to your council and advice.

I have the same problem as you do, I'd need a size 13 or 14 boot for my feet (I'm guessing a 1 to 2 size upgrade here)

If you have the money, I'd say go for the Repros. And with them, It's be painting the boots. As far as how to paint them, I can't tell you. I've never done it.

If you have a shoe repair place near you (the afor mentioned cobbler) Head over and talk to them, get a price quote on them painting it, see if they have the paint for sale, and see if they have any suggestions if you do it yourself.

As I said, you're 2 options on the name plate are painting over it, or removing it. If you can live with the 4 holes in the boot, then go that way. If not, paint the plate.

Personally, I'd remove the plate. To me, I think it'll look better without the plate, and the 4 holes woulldn't be that noticable in my opinion.

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote