Thread: Warrior Boots
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #23
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Warrior Boots

I'm tackling some of that belt dying tonight!

As for the boots, I dig the Joel Roberts. Of course I wish they had the extra buckle and didn't have that big base plate for the buckles, but other than that they are spot on! They look great painted up as well. Finding the full bores isn't really that hard, its just the size issue. The basic rules is go up at least one size, possibly two. If you wear a larger size that can be a real pain! Anything smaller than an 8 and it is equally hard to track them down.

They don't look bad with the name plate on there. I'm leaving all of mine on but it comes down to personal preference.

When you get ready to paint the boots you need to make a few decisions. Apparently The screen boots were painted as is, nothing masked. So the silver parts were painted over oddly enough on a lot of the boots. With the pair pictured above I masked the flap part of the cam buckles, the top plate, and the toe plates.

For the cam flaps I just folded a piece of masking tape and passed it through the bottom and then wrapped tape around the buckle. Whatever works. I think you'll be happy with the Joel Roberts! They look better than the motorcowboy boots. Oh and definitely use the spray dye like Bryan and Ed were saying! Other than that you've gotten one of the harder pieces to find when it comes to this uniform!

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote