Thread: Warrior Boots
View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #28
jojatk
Just Lost My Cherry!

Default Re: Warrior Boots

I'm going to be studying this thread and have just registered for the Blackstar Squadron because I just won an auction for a pair of boots I think are just right. They are the Sidi Full Bore with 7 straps and are just a size bigger than I normally wear and they were actually pretty inexpensive compared to what I thought I was going to have to pay.

FYI, in case anyone is trying to find boots on eBay that are close or exact I would recommend setting up a few saved searches for yourself in eBay. It is pretty easy once you know how to do it. All you do is go to eBay and type in a search term such as "Sidi Full Bore" and click on the "Search" button. Whether to search returns zero or more results doesn't matter. Where you see the number of results returned for your search (and I mean the actual digits that tell you how many, not the list of returned results) you should see just to the right of that a link that says "Save this search." Just click on that and fill out the dialog box that pops up. I created a few saved searches:

"Sidi Full Bore"
"Battlestar Galactica boots"
"Battlestar galactica costume"
"Battlestar galactica uniform"
"vtg motocross boots"
"full bore"
"joel robert"
"sidi joel robert"
"vtg boots buckle" (this one takes more work to wade through so I didn't save this search but rather just did this one periodically on my own and waded through the results and found some good options)
"vtg boots" (similar to the above but even more work)

I discovered along the way that there are some other boots that seem to look pretty similar such as some made by hondaline (Honda's accessory division years back) and that's why I put in the search for vintage motocross boots. I was surprised at how many results I got that looked close enough that I was tempted to bid on them but thankfully I wanted to wait for a while longer to see if I could get the exact ones since I had quite a while before I want my costume to be ready. Another pair that I found to be CLOSE were some Munari Norstar boots. They aren't the right color without some serious dye work but they have the approximate look and have 7 buckles. I hope this information helps someone. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to post it but I figured that sharing too much is better than not sharing at all (and I'm new to Colonial Fleets so please forgive me if I've breached protocol).
jojatk is offline   Reply With Quote