View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #29
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha

At first it seemed like there wernt really many female Warriors. That was one thing that I noticed, they were actually rare. Im not thinking any wonder women, GINO provides too much of that, but maybe at least ONE female Warrior that could fly as well as Starbuck.
Remember, when the Galactica makes it home, they have only 25 of their original pilots left, plus 42 from other ships. We don't know how many were women, but it is obvious that very few pilots of any sort are left. Athena was a rated pilot as well, and when we saw women in training, no one ever said anything about "oh that's never been done before". It was merely the luck of the draw as to who was left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha

I noticed a total lack of gay or lesbian characters. That sort of bothered me, I know many in the GLBT community who would latch onto a gay or les character if they had one to hold up as their favorite. TOS did a wonderful job of showing acceptance of all cultures, all people, but they did leave that one little bit out.

And we needed such why?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote