View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2005, 06:54 AM   #11
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Gotta call ya' on this one...RotJ has several ISDs severely damaged by Rebel fighters, and the Super Star Destroyer was destroyed when its bridge was destroyed by an A-Wing's kamikaze run.....That said, I still vote ISD over the Gal

Pick up a copy of Robert Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" -- the original, not the 90's trash-movie with Casper van Dien.....Anybody twisted enough to come up with psych-war hand grenades ("I'M A THRITY-SECOND BOMB! I'M A THRITY-SECOND BOMB! TWENTY-NINE, TWENTY-EIGHT, TWENTY-SEVEN....." ) has got all that and a 5-gallon bucket of chips over everybody else....and just so we're clear, here:

M.I. wins over both Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers every day --- there's a lot to be said for nuclear hand-grenades and powered armor

Lol, absolutely.
I was gutted when I saw they weren't going to film Starship Troopers as Heinlein wrote it.
THe powered armour WAS the MI. The whole quarter of a mile 'jumps' that get them into and out of battle so effectively. What about the shoulder mounted thermal lances?
Heinlein is one of the greats. Twisted beyond belief, but still decades ahead of his time. Wasn't he a Colonel in the US army in WW2? If I remember rightly, he was in charge of psychological warfare or something equally scary.
I also really objected to the spiders being made so stupid! No weapons, no allies (the skinnies) they were just big dumb bugs. Nuclear Grenades!!! Perfect for killing a building full of cowering civilian skinnies!
I still enjoyed the film a lot, but it wasn't Starship Troopers.
How do you take an 8 foot spider prisoner?
Use your lance to burn all its legs off down one side, and it just scuttles around in circles! Then burn the rest of its legs off, and pick is up by a stump! Course it doesn't live too long after that. (RH is one sick mother!)
Centurion Draco is offline   Reply With Quote