View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2005, 08:48 PM   #3
WarMachine
Warrior

I'm presuming that "Good Guys Always Win"© is not in play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha
Ok, Galactica or Emperial Star Destroyer?
Ouch....I'd have to give this one to the ISD: a lot faster, overall, main guns' cyclic rate is far higher(though apparently less damage, overall), better fire arcs for the defensive batteries, etc....

Quote:
Viper or Tie Fighter?
Hmmmm....Basically equal in weaponry, neither has any shields; the Viper seems faster in the straight-away, and has a monster reverse-thrust, but the TIE in all versions exceot the Bomber(the twin-hulled frame from TESB) is infinately more maneuverable in close quarters....a lot comes down to pilot ability

Quote:
Colonial Warrior or Mobile Infantry?
M.I. 'book', or M.I. 'movie? Book-version wins hands down, with or without powered armor: far more focused, tactically capable and aggressive. 'Movie' will fold at the first sign of real, capable resistance.

Quote:
Cylon or Stormtrooper?
Bash the "Boyz in White" all you like, but they've got serious guts, and if you watch carefully, they win more often than not -- especially the 1.0/Clone Troopers; the later versions are a bit degraded in comparison, but they still romp all over the tin-heads.

Quote:
Basestar or Deathstar?
"...What the...!!! That blast came from the DEATH STAR?!?!?!"...as Something Smelly© fills the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon over Endor...

Quote:
Starbuck or Luke?
Luke 1, 2, or 3? 1 or 2, Starbuck uses like a Triad ball; 3 is a more even match, but will fall back on his "Jedi Mind Tricks" -- because Starbuck will still use him like a Triad ball if he gets too close......."Lensmen Eat Jedi For Breakfast"

Quote:
Apollo or Han Solo?
Apollo. Slow and steady wins the race, Grasshopper; Solo will go for the quick-fix, and if that doesn't work, he falls back on fancy blaster work...But Apollo is not Greedo.....

Quote:
Sheba or Lea?
Sheba, hands down. Leia has attitude and a mouth -- a blowhard.

Quote:
Viper or Starfury?
Hmmmm....Also even, but weighted more in favor of the Viper, overall

Quote:
Garibaldi or Boomer?
Oooooo......I'd have to go with Boomer on this one; Garibaldi has too much to prove to himself, and it makes him slip up and make mistakes. Boomer is cold and calculating when it comes to a fight, but he's also deceptive: he has a very long fuse, but when it burns down, you'd better not be standing in front of him....

Quote:
Athena or Carmen?
I'm okay on the Athena part -- who's Carmen?

tabbi[/QUOTE]