View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #24
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Let me preface this with the following:

This thread seems to have simmered down a bit so the following may seem to be a little overboard but, I AM posting it as a friendly reminder to ALL concerned:

(From the CF Rules of Conduct)

1. Use common sense and common courtesy when in discussion with other members

This should be fairly self-explanatory. We certainly don’t want to deter anyone from having or expressing a view that is different from another’s, but we expect you to post your opposing view in a courteous manner that does not take away from, belittle or otherwise denigrate the other members "beliefs" or opinions.

One thing we DO NOT allow on these boards is attacks on an individual, be it by way of direct affront or snide comments about his/her opinion or belief. Feel free to discuss your differences, but take pains not to be insulting about it.

Now, I realize that there has been NO attack on anyone and I'm not accusing anyone of such; however, when the remarks drift from the topic and toward the member posting the remarks, it can be interpreted or perceived as an attack. That is where special care needs to be exercised. That is for ALL to remember.

The point that I'm trying to make with this is that the most damning element of forum environments is "perception". None of us can "see" the other person so the only thing that we have is the written word. Take care with that and there should be no problem and issues will not get "out of hand".

Finally, and once again, this is for EVERYONE --> When a Moderator steps into a thread, in an OFFICIAL capacity, and prescribes or suggests a particular course of action, they are acting in accordance with the wishes of the Owner and Administrator of Colonial Fleets and have the support of same. No outward defiance of a Moderator's "suggestion" will be tolerated. If there is a disagreement with that "suggestion", the issue may be escalated to ME and I will investigate it with due diligance. Otherwise, the Moderator's ruling will stand.

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote