View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2009, 07:59 AM   #301
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
I'd also like to say how happy I am that there was even this particular thread that did as much to spark just a bit more interest in the original series and bring a few familiar faces back to CF to even ponder the possibility of a TOS-based project. Even if it doesn't come about, the spark of discussion is welcome and so are plenty of the ideas being talked about as well. Sometimes, we get so focused on the idea that if we start a petition, or writing campaign, or whatever kind of effort there is, we forget that it's not the end result that counts, but the effort itself. If someone spends hours of their lives creating a 1:1 replica of the filming model of the Galactica, are they expecting a film or TV deal to come of it? Frankly, I love seeing folks create art, fanfic, CGI, models, costumes or what have you. If nothing else, it tells me that they truly honor the original series and the memories it holds for them. It's easy to sit around and wait for someone else to do something big, but until then, do what you can to honor the original and be willing to show it off on a website, or a convention. It will remind people that there are folks out there like us that remember the original fondly and even thought it's been gone for 30 years, we still find new ways to show our devotion to it.

I would like to remind everyone of one thing though - remember how we used to complain about articles that trashed the orignal series when comparing it to the new series? Conversely, it doesn't really do us any favors if we sit around and trash the new series in comparison to our favorite version. We gave up that part of the discussion on this site many years ago, mostly because of the discourse that came of that type of discussion. I'd like to think of TOS BSG fans to be better than that and keep the focus of the discussion in our own backyard so to speak. If folks want to talk about Moore's series, then there's always Skiffy or a host of other sites to do that. Colonial Fleets has always been first and foremost a TOS-themed site and is likely not to change in the future.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the discussion and thanks for being the great folks you are for showing your devotion to a 30-year old show. Some might call it a "one season wonder", but it always holds a permanent place in my heart.

Bryan
Very Well said!
It's also holds a permanent place in my heart.
I would like to raise a toast to one of the finest sci-fi shows ever aired on TV.
Long Live TOS BSG!

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote