View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2006, 03:00 PM   #26
Star Dragon
Shuttle Pilot

WOW! I just went to the X3 link and nearly crapped myself! (linky bookmarked...)
One of the main reasons I avoided X2&3 was that a neophyte modder like me gets lost with it and it didn't seem mod friendly. (plus I am a control freak and want to decide what happens, and when, like with F.R.E.D.)

I'm hoping to make a music video with the "Rock BSG theme" and some TV footage combined with gameplay. However now that I've switched over to the "better engine" the texture kimit kils me (from 60 to 16 textures). Poly limits for FS2 got multiplied by a factor of 4 or 5 but now many of the "low poly" models won't work cause they got way too many texturs and so will not benefit from the new engines' glow and shine maps.

So it looks like I will be using lesser footage from reatil Fs2, and some from FS2 SCP3.6 I know people will see the difference, I just hope they find it entertaining enough to forgive the quality.

I always liked a lot fo the X-series designs... I would like to play around with some (as I got max7) if you think it would be alright with egosoft (for personal use)

Incidently Omniscaper is up to 37k with the FS2 Galactica... It's insane.
Star Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote