Thread: BSG Mini
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2004, 04:57 PM   #1
Eskimo

Default BSG Mini

I am a fan of BSG, have have been since the 70's. I enjoyed BSG when I was a kid and I enjoyed the reruns on the Scifi channel. When I heard of the mini series in 2002 I was excited. At first I thought that the originals would be back, minus a few because of certian exception (Loren Greene R.I.P). At that time I did not pursue any info on the matter. It was the middle of 2003 when I first heard stories that it was going to be different than the original BSG. I was not dissapointed, I was again excited. For one I think Mr. Hatch and Benedict were too old to reprise the roles starting from the beginning. Now after reading some articles after the fact, I see that some of the originals are disappointed of the direction the mini series has taken because of the fact that they have been trying to revive the original series since it demise after its first and only season. I have this to say. The time of the Family Moral Values that the original portayed is gone. We are living in a world where we need some thing new. Now looking back for new ideas is a good way to go. The darker direction that they went with the new BSG was a good way. Now I know Fans of the old series liked the new mini because I am one of them so there must be more out there. and I am sorry for what i am about to say next but I think it must be said. Because of the new BSG, a revival of the old ways of BSG are now non-negotiable and I know that Mr. Hatch has put alot of his own money into trying to bring back the original concept of BSG but I think that is now not going to happen. It is time for you to move on to other projects and give up the old BGS. Now with the promise of a new series of BSG in the plans. If I have upset anyone I am sorry.