View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #1
JSC1
Warrior

Default Back and thinking about project

I'm going to be looking to spend a lot more time here as I want to get my mind going creatively about a BSG project.

I'm looking to do a fanfiction novel, yes there apparently are companies that do that. Even if no profit can be made, but money is not all that important to me. Well it is, but not to the point where it's the be all and end all of life. But apparently if one does not seek a monetary profit a fanfiction novel can be done.

One of my firends has done a fanfiction novel set in the Star Trek Universe called 'Beyond the Final Frontier'. Claudia Christian herself has done a B-5 fanfiction novel with the proceded going to troops in Iraq. So it looks like it can be done.

So far I've got a premise in mind. I hope to be able to make use of one of the ship designs posted in the art section. Which one I don't know yet. I'm not sure about all the characters either. Right now I've got an unnamed Colonial commander and an IL named Janus as adversaries and main characters.

The premise is that a Colonial cruiser, not a Battlestar, but a Deep Star exploration probe (reference to Capt. Apollo's comment to Zac on patrol) returns to the colonies after a 20 yahren exploration to a distant system in hopes of establishing a war refuge colony where the Colonial civilization can flourish away from the thousand yahren war. When the ship returns the crew find that the colonies are under Cylon occupation, and most of the humans are dead.

The action of the story involves the crew, those that survive after their ship is destroyed, trying to stay ahead of Janus, and try to organize any survivors they can to try to escape the colonies and escape to the explored planet they had scanned. A mission that I hope to make easier said than done.

There are other projects I need to do first. But I want to make sure this is not far from my mind. Hense I want to be around people in a creative atmosphere, with creative resources-and advice-on hand.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote