View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2004, 08:03 AM   #43
BRG
Warrior

Muffit ****

One of my favorites. 4 out of 5!

Indeed, this was like a cheesy 70's disaster movie, but BRG loves chessy 70's disaster movies! Towering Inferno and The Posidon Adventure being two of my all time favorite films. So I really enjoyed this episode.

This episode gave the supporting cast a chance too shine. And I recon this is Boomer, Athena & Salik's best episode. And with Adama in the Life Station, it gave Tigh & Omeaga a chance to command the bridge, also giving those two characters a memorable show. But for me, Boomer was the star here.

The only drawback in this episode was the SFX. I think the spacewalk scene was the worst looking effect I've seen on the show. It hs aged badly, the actors look uncomfortable, and as many have pointed out, Starbuck's bare arm is clearly visible in some shots. Poor.

But, overall a great episode. And I loved the final scene when a tearfull Apollo thanks Boomer for saving his son and his sister. A very emotional scene played beautifully by the actors. And very rare for two male leads of an action series from that time to show such emotion. 20 years ahead of its time!
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote