View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #36
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Default Re: BG movie coming to Blu-ray

Just picked up my copy today (err... yesterday). I have to agree with everyone's assessment about the BR DVD. Pretty sharp and crisp picture. A very large improvement from the full series DVD set. I did not notice any grainy images or scenes (perhaps I just didn't notice them ). I'll have to re-watch it to check on that aspect. Very satisfied with picture quality.

I guess my only real gripe is the omission of original scenes that were in the show when Saga of a Star World aired.
Serina's broadcast before the Cylon attack, Starbuck and Athena's locker scene (this explains why Starbuck gravitated to Cassiopia), Apollo's heated discussion with Adama accusing him of nursing wounds while they were still in the fire, Adama's talk with Athena about not wanting the responsibility of making life and death decisions, Tigh and Adama discussing intel reports about Carillon and the connection to Baltar, Apollo's comment to Uri's proposal on Carillon and stating it "must be the Grog". For me, all these scenes added to the story and depth of the characters in the show.

I do wish this version was complete with all the original scenes. I guess that would be asking for too much, I suppose. I am glad I picked it up though.
Just my .02 cubits.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote