View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2005, 11:56 PM   #1
Lara
Squadron Leader

Default Another One de-lurks

Hi all,
Some will recognise me from the CA forums, as I certainly recognise a few of you.
I like the look of some of the discussion and thought I would take the plunge and register. I'm looking forward to some good discussions, especially with some of the fanfic writers.

About me.. (the obligatory intro spiel..which I'm not too good at)

I've read, watched, drawn and written sf&f since adolescence. I hang around with simlilar people (husband included) who like a wide range of films shows and authors. They also game and are into computers. We were all in the SF association at Uni and even got involved in running a small convention, the club's fanzine, partying too much and discussing the latest viewing/ reading/ gaming. We've grown up now. Sort of. Honestly...

I'm a TOS fan, have seen the mini on DVD only (yet to air in TV in Australia) and I've followed the whole revival situation for many years. I've seen the utter lows. I still have hope of a continuation.
I call myself a 'moderate' on the fan passion continuim, in that I want mutual respect for all, but am willing to man the barricades when the situation gets unfair.

My fav author is Tanith Lee, but I also read Poul Anderson, Jaqueline Litchenberg and a host of more obscure authors. I like Brit SciFi (Blakes Seven, Dr Who, Captain Scarlett and Thunderbirds, UFO) Alien Nation, Stargate, Farscape and of course BSG. I have too many books and DVD/ videos and not enough time

I earn my living as a Risk and Compliance Manager for a beverage manufacturer, which means I get to worry a lot about food safety, people safety and the company's impact on the environment. I have a husband who is a teacher, we have a spoilt cat and live in a wonderful part of a beautiful city, located south central in a continent that is still wild and amazing in places and so vast you can lose yourself very easily. Our hometown knows how to throw a world class party (Formula 1 GP, Clycling races..), provides some of the best cutting edge defence techology , and has the cleanest, most wonderful food and wine.

Enough for a intro post?
Did I pass the interview?

Cheers,
Lara
Lara is offline   Reply With Quote