View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2006, 05:41 AM   #16
BRG
Warrior

Default Trendy Robin and his boy band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21
Does the new Robin Hood have anything to do with Robin of Sherwood? I freakin' love ROS! I think that is a little different though, Robin of Sherwood itself was sort of a new take on an existing story. I mean that as the story based around those characters and that setting and not just the premise. In the end everything is based off of something.
Hi Monolith. I'm afraid you would be dissapointed if you saw the new Robin Hood.

The new Robin Hood on the BBC has nothing to do with Robin of Sherwood, which again seems to be the main problem with the show, it is stuck in RoS shadow.

This Robin Hood is a very trendy, family orientated show. It has flashy camera work, the guy playing Robin and his best mate Much look like they belong in some late 90's Britpop band, and Marion looks suprisingly trendy for time period and has been written as a fiesty "Girl Power" chick!

Judged on it's own for what it is- Saturday night family viewing with some action & comedy in the Dr Who time slot, it is just fine, indeed it is quite enjoyable.
But for fan's of Robin of Sherwood, it is an outrage, and can't hold a candle to that series. And they are really savage in their views on the new show.
BRG

PS- They even left out Friar Tuck from the show, just not trendy enough for the 21st century apparently. But roumur has it he will be included in season 2.
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote