View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2005, 02:26 PM   #29
justjackrandom
Bad Email Address

Battlestar Galactica 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
The one thing about 12 inhabitable worlds all in one place would indeed be quite unlikely...

In the star system map that Tom provided, there are a total of 18 planetary bodies amongst what looks like 4 star systems. When you consider it that way, there are at least an average of some worlds that are inhabited and some that are not.

That map alone, shows us that there isn't just one star system, nor 12 habitable planets all in one place...

Best,
Bryan
True, but the three referenced planets in the series are all around the central cluster of three stars, one of which shows an orbit around two of the stars (I also count 21 planetary bodies... ) The one that intrigues me is the large body that seems to start in the middle of the trinary system and then get picked up by the system on the right.

I haven't done the math, but it seems to me that the possibility of three to five separate systems that contain planets that support life, and are in close-enough proximity to one another to make more primitive travel between them viable is no less remote than that of a single trinary system with 12 habitable worlds.

JJR
justjackrandom is offline   Reply With Quote