View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #27
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

I think if this Bryan Singer version starts going through, and we see real development on it (which we've heard zilch since the Singer announcement), then maybe Universal would consider such a thing to build interest. Would it be with enhanced effects or just cleaned up video and audio for Bluray? Before the Singer movie comes out I could picture a cleaned up version. If the Singer movie comes out and is a huge hit showing faith to the original series, then maybe something more would happen with enhanced visuals.

Before the Singer movie I would honestly be surprised, or amazed, that Universal would budget real money for enhanced TOS Galactica. I think it would be great, but Universal has never treated TOS Galactica with respect. The only decent thing to come out from them was the TOS series DVD set and the bounty of extras, which Universal stopped doing for any other series they put out because it costs a little bit of money. If BSG was not the first of the Universal TV series DVD sets produced it would never have had the extras, documentary or commentary. Look at Buck Rogers or Galactica 1980... there are no deleted scenes stored away somewhere?

Maybe I'm just in an oddly negative mood or something right now... and maybe Universal will surprise us and give the old girl some respect.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote