View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #27
neilfsmith
Bad Email Address

Battlestar Galactica 2004 New Galactica Animation

Sorry about the lack of updates over the last week or so... but it looks as if the thread has been busy nonetheless.

Anyway, I've completed all of the final renders and composited them all in After Effects. BTW - a note regarding the comments about compositing a 3D scene in 2D: this is the way most productions are done. It's considered by most effects houses to be too impractical to output all elements of a scene in one gigantic render. Individual elements are output separately and then composited into the final shot. This way, if there is a change or alteration needed to be made, one doesn't have to re-render the entire thing... just one small piece of it. Not to mention how much it helps in balancing colors and lighting, depth of field adjustments, etc.

But now that I've annoyed everyone with my rants on video production... back to the project...

The final renders were brought into After Effects and composited with some additional color adjustments and effects. A slight additional overall camera shake was also added.

http://homepage.mac.com/nfsmith/BSGFinal.mov

The last step is to add the sound. I'm planning on taking some of the sound effects from my Season One DVD and some music from the miniseries soundtrack. Hopefully, I'll have some time to do that this week or this weekend. I'll keep you all posted.

- neilfsmith

Last edited by neilfsmith; October 11th, 2005 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: To correct my crappy spelling!
neilfsmith is offline   Reply With Quote