View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2004, 04:12 PM   #60
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
I have to admit... I'm anti-depp. He is kinda anti-american. he moved to Europe cause he hates america so much.

Hmm, didn't know that. Well, I really don't think a person's religious or political views should ever affect how we reward them for their acting talent. I thought it was a really cold blow to skip Russel Crowe last year just because of a remark he made. (I noticed they even put him in the front row, pretty cold). The Awards are supposed to be for talent alone, aren't they? There are many athletes and singers of whom we might question their personal lives, but we do them honor for the efforts they make nonetheless.

Well, like I said, the Oscars have always had a Hollywood-politics bent to them. Occasionally those who really deserve them get honored. To this day I shake my head when I think Annie Hall beat Star Wars.

I really think there should be an award for comedy, and that they should reinstate the award for best child actor/actress. Comedy enriches our lives every bit as much as drama. And children shouldn't have to go up against 35 year old stars. Both Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland were given child awards. The little kid in Sixth Sense really deserved one.

Sorry for my rant! Cheers all!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote