View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:06 AM   #7
The Blue Mule
Warrior

God please dont do this. Its my nightmare: "Galactica Cum Matrix"

If the new galalctica follows this path of Hip and Cool crap for teengers It no better then what Moore is doing,and that goes for Larson and Desanto as well. (Remember walking vipers)

NO SONGs Please.

If a song is to be added into the exsisting show keep it timeless,or present an original song that enhances the feeling of the people who are TRYING TO SURVIVE! (Prehaps a ype of Christmas Holy night, an important religious holiday song of hope, or prehaps its part of a grand opera that dates befor the first cylon encounter that parallels what happened to the colonies) If galalctica starts again with the YEEHAA, now adding the rock music during the battles and some asinine song ballad as the warriors "greese" up for battle, walking in slow motion icy mist at their feet as they head for their fighters it will just be doing what all those trendy sci fi show that have failed were trying to do - No writing just gimicks.

Space above and Beyond had a horrible example. Some teen hotshot puts on a rock song during battle and acts all too hip in a dire situation....too Top Gun, too stomach turning.

Peeps,Galactica needs to redeem itself to be something better than the sum of its parts, when it was a tv show with idots ruining what the main point should have been, the show suffered. If the new film makers take this "Marketed:tried and true" approach galactica will fail i can assure you. But at least if galactica is produced as a serious film we dont need to care about revenue,I rather have galactica redeem itself with positive mature story telling that is timeless and enduring and I rather have it a CRITICAL sucess than a financial one.

Both is nice, but galactica is now in the negative always has been by the masses, and if you do it wrong it will fail.

It has to be tremndously crafted with a feeling of opulance and grandure, I dont want to see teenage punks prancing around with a know it all stature saving the fleet, cornball rock music ruining the feeling of hope. You want rock music? go listen to the radio. Ive always and i mean always have been ripped away from the drama presented on screen by some rock song or love song.

It's like watching a movie with the radio on.

This is what I am afraid of for Galactica! Please if you guys who do get in a position to help galactica(which Is what I want to do) Please Please dont follow that path. I will consider it a cop out and an insult to me, therefore a failure.

Your Friend,

Richard E. Kranz