View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2004, 06:57 PM   #9
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default the day after tomorrow, again

I've finally crossed over into obsession land. I saw The Day After Tomorrow on Saturday night, and it so overwhelmed me that it haunted me all weekend. So I went back again tonight (and paid full price to see it again!). It will undoubtedbly be my favorite movie of the year, and I've already begun my Christmas list. (In other words, I'm telling Santa that if this movie is out on DVD by Christmas, I definitely want it!).
I have a nephew who will be 9 in a few weeks. I am wondering if any of you think, or don't think, this is an appropriate movie for someone his age, since it's PG-13. The movie isn't violent or scary, just very, very intense. There's just the one very minor sex scene which he'd probably not notice anyway, and the swearing is very mild. I asked my sister (his mother) if she said it would be okay and she seemed receptive to it.
I would like to take Mitch to see this, but am basically asking if you think the movie is too intense or too complicated for someone his age (there are a lot of subplots). However, he's seen all three Harry Potter movies in the theater, and really enjoyed them.

Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote