View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2014, 08:10 PM   #5
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

Default Re: David Kerin's Eastern Alliance Destroyer made entirely of paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
Wow, very well done (and time consuming….)
Thank you for the compliment!
Granted, paper models are a bit more time consuming than plastic, but then again, there is a great deal more work involved in paper modeling than there is in plastic modeling. With that being said, I still prefer building a paper model over a plastic model.
With (most) paper models (especially the SCI-FI), there are MANY that are free that you can just download off the internet and save them on your computer. So when you want to build one, you just print the template kit out and build it (and you still have the model saved on your computer). Not only that, but there are far more models available in paper, than there are in plastic (ESPECIALLY models for BSG).
With plastic model, if you frak something up, you stand a high chance that you can not fix it easily, as well as (possibly) looking at buying a brand new model (if that is even possible). With a paper model, if you frak something up, you can easily just print out another parts sheet and fix the problem, or if you need to start (COMPLETELY) over from the beginning (which I have done MANY times), you just print out the complete template and start over (which at that point, all that you are out, is just the ink, paper, and glue).

So if you are looking at getting into paper model building, I would say go for it!