View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:36 AM   #35
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Default Re: Colonial Fleets Battlestar Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher454 View Post
Its a really large change in elevation. The solution is already hinted at by the original film set. Behind each viper is an elevator, you can see the rollup doors behind each viper.
My version of the layout has the elevator shaft going down to the landing deck, and also up to the hanger level. The elevator has three stops, landing bay, launching bay and hanger deck.

And the studio set didnt have the launching bays "head on" they are all inclined towards the bow. The blueprints show this as does my launching bay model, which I'll do some CRUDE renderings of very soon.
Thanks for the input on this Punisher454.
I kinda thought the incline might be too much. I am aware of the angled launch tubes. Wasn't necessarily suggesting a "head-on" launch procedure. Like I said, it was a screwy idea I had with regards to the height difference for the landing phase. I have seen other renditions of the elevators being used to get vipers to the tubes. I do like the idea of that.
Thanks for the feedback and response.

BTW, I just viewed your landing bay/launch tube layouts. I like them a lot. Very functional and clean. They seem to fit together quite nicely.
Hadn't thought of the hanger deck above the landing deck. I always envisioned it below the landing deck, for some strange reason. Upon reflection, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room below it for a hanger deck. I like where you have it. Great work, Sir.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld

Last edited by CBSG4ever; March 1st, 2011 at 08:14 AM..
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote