thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Superman/Smallville Last Call for Tom

Hey everyone! Its time for Tom to head off in the sunset.

I've really enjoyed meeting and having fun with alot of fellow fans. And I have made many new friends here. But its time for a last call. I've been thinking of retiring for a looong while. Almost since the very start of admining I was thinking of my own exit. Before I started admining, there was a huge amound of hate and anger and pain. The forums were no longer a place to have fun. It was more focused on hating the new galactica than enjoying the old one.

My one major goal was to have the forums survive the hate that the miniseries and scifi would create, and to bring the forums to be a place where people posted more about having fun than how much hate they had. I always thought it was better to be happy and optomistic, than angry for a prolonged period of time. And when you get down to it, all of this is just fiction. And how much a person enjoys a single day of life is overwhelmingly more important than hate of any tv show.

I have to admit, I'm a little dissapointed. I would hope that the arguing would end. And for a very large part of it it has. But I still hear ultimatums and yellings and HUGE amounts of anger on occassion that I have to deal with. Its not everyday. But its neverending. Which was odd, cause I always came her wanting to enjoy a show, not to have do deal with people's anger. And that effects me. Both since I care about the people, and the forums. And selfishly, the huge amounts of time I put into it and not seeing it fall apart over and over. And in the end, it decreases my energy for creating art. Which is horrible since art is money to me.

So I'm going to be leaving the universe of battlestar galactica for an indefinite amount of time. No more forums. No more art. And I'm going to focus on other endeavers. I may be back to help Muffit with her dream project. I would like to not dissapoint her. I care about her quite alot. And I'll pop in on chat. And will be accessible on the net.

But I'm signing off with this post.

There are a few last thoughts I would like to say. The old show may never be continued, but how you deal with it is a measure of character. And Its a good thing to have hope in darkest times. And to express love with warmth to others and not hate. There is nothing that turns off the masses to the fanbase more than seeing fans hate each other. And the differences between any groups of fans are petty. And showing respect AND friendship for ALL people is a sign of nobleness.

And with those words, and a few images that will never be finished, this is Major Tom signing off....

I wish you all my best!

[post]warriorcarter.jpg[/post]

[post]shebawip001.jpg[/post]

[post]dancing-cylon.gif[/post]

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote