View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2005, 01:33 PM   #25
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
what's that?
Ok let me elaborate… the impression I got from Mustex post was that he was asking us to "walk a mile in his shoes” a TNS fan who reads posts like the one he reposted here. Where language like “Crappy Garbage” and “crap” are used to refer to TNS by TOS fans who have not even seen the show but hate it and continually express their hate towards the show simply because it exists.

Yes I know there is a long and huge history here (BSG fandom) of the reverse taking place (TOS being dumped on by TNS fans) that perhaps Mustex has not personally lived through. He is 18 years old remember? He has not lived what we have lived… until now, this is his first introduction to this kind of experience and he is exploring it. He’s trying to understand this kind of response, and asking us to understand how he’s feeling.

He explains that he does have feelings of hurt on some level about TNS being referred to in this way but he understands from us that he is not supposed to take it personally, but he is struggling with this concept.

He offers a scenario for us to consider and how we would feel if the tables were turned. Everyone responded to the scenario instead of the underlying feelings being expressed and the quest for understanding that is expressed in his post.

That’s all I meant.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote