View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2005, 08:30 PM   #11
cranky1c
Warrior

Mustex,

Actually, no. I'm not the least bit offended by people trashing TNS. Folks are entitled to their opinions. I'll watch it. They won't. Big deal. What does anybody have to prove by defending TNS? If it's not directed at you personally, what do you care? What I'm more put off by is when otherwise decent people go tooth and claw at each other over differences about a TV show, which makes us all look like a bunch of idiots. Unfortunately, some folks on both sides take things a little too personally and treat a criticism of their favored flavor of BSG as a personal attack and respond as such. I wish it were different, but I've resigned myself to the idea that such is the nature of the (semi) public square.

I will say that the length and the scrutiny with which TNS gets knocked around becomes a little tiresome after a while, but that's my own reaction to negativity in general rather than a judgement about the impetus behind it. (I honestly have the same reaction to the TNS cheerleaders as well, a little balance - please.) I try to accept and remain respectfully disengaged from the antipathy, and try to engage folks around our common interest where there's common ground. This is supposed to be fun, after all. I find these boards become considerably less crazy-making when approached from that perspective.
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote