View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:51 AM   #9
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I considered striking GINO from AllGalactica.com but thought that wasn't viable given the mission of the site. I just couldn't justify saying "everything Galactica except for that thing Ron Moore did". It won't recieve any better consideration than Galactica 1980 or Larson's IMAX idea. I will spend some good efforts on the guys who created the Mark II Viper model and that sort of thing so the hardware will be flaunted. Otherwise, the site will have the GINO elements that are mandatory and little more.

On a more personal note, I erased the GINO episodes from my DVR. I'm not sure why I had the episodes saved anyway since I had no intention of watching them again. I've also withdrawn support for the GINO fanfilm efforts I was engaged in. The folks who were working these are great people and they honestly didn't ask me to do very much but I can't conciously support anything GINO related anymore (beyond the AllGalactica.com mandate -- and then only on that site as required). I've also dropped plans to bring some GINO-related content to IFB. I had a couple of things lined up for future broadcasts that I thought would likely interest GINO fans, partly to balance the slamming I gave the show in illustating its anti-Americanism/anti-military aspects but I think GINO can be altogether ignored on Bill's show without any harm being done. If Bill wants to do these things, he can do them without my efforts helping them along.

I would like to thank Jim (KR) for offerring to help with some of that. I appreciate your support on that even though it won't likely come to pass now.

For those who were on the waiting list for me to do some GINO graphics to help your sites and personal projects, sorry, but it won't happen. If you really need my work, contact Michael Hinman or Robert Falconer. They're both skilled at stealing my stuff.

If anyone else would like my help in promoting or otherwise helping in anything GINO-related the answer is "No", no matter how nicely you ask or how great you guys are personally ... and yes, I know some of you really are super people.

I'm another of those who has hit the point where I say "Enough" regardless of any damage control letters Ron might want to send to try to spare his image or idiots who "bravely" slam good people from behind their keyboard and sound an aweful lot like Ted.

Sandy