View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:02 PM   #92
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default anne in the credits

Since the Internet as we know it didn't exist yet in 1978, and there was far less entertainment publicity then than there is now, we the viewers didn't learn for almost 2 1/2 months that Anne had become a regular part of the cast.
I know that, on the DVD set, that Anne is listed as a regular cast member right after Living Legend, but that is incorrect. Living Legend debuted in November 1978, and because of pre-emptions and Christmas the show aired only sporadically that fall and winter. Anne was originally listed in the guest cast for both episodes of Living Legend, Fire in Space, and both parts of War of the Gods. Only once during one of the runs of syndicated repeats were the correct opening credits used for FIS and WOTG.
When I first watched the series in 1978 and 1979, I really liked Sheba, but I thought for sure she would eventually be killed off. I've always suspected that that was the original premise of WOTG. Sheba was supposed to die, but Apollo took her place, so when they went to "heaven," the angel would have the two of them to switch places.
I was quite pleased when she didn't die, and then, when Man With Nine Lives aired, she was shown in the opening credits (which I think was February by then).
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote