View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2009, 06:51 AM   #183
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjrakman
Honestly, with all that I have on my plate these days, I doubt I'll ever be able to get to that. I scanned numerous magazine pages and posted them in the "My Collections" section intended for the project, but nobody else save a couple of others here and there, ever really brought anything to the table. I just don't have the energy to organize a project like this, when as you say, nobody really bothers to contribute. But at least the pages remain there for others to enjoy here.

But the idea has no copyright, so anyone who wants to take the idea and run with it, go for it.

But honestly, I'm pretty much in the same place as Sandy.

I've read the repeated statements made by a probably well intentioned Glen Larson many times over the years. This one just sounds like more of the same to me.*

I've read the cryptic Faries-esque "I'm whistling" hints.

I've dealt with fan efforts in the past, and Sandy is right in that respect as well. Going all the way back to the efforts to boycott the advertisers of Sci Fi Channel before GINO ever even aired, something that many online fans volunteered for, but only two to my recollection even bothered to follow through with.

The CFF effort, though admirable, also had its faults in that much of the money that was donated came from large amounts by a few generous donators. The fact that fans everywhere couldn't cough up a measily 3 bucks and left the bulk of the donations to just a generous few was infuriating, at least to me.

I'd rather just enjoy the show, its art, and maybe even come up with a short vid myself now that I'm studying 3D Max.

I'm not going to bother with any pointless campaign where many volunteer and armchair quarterback but few actually do anything. There's just too many other things for me to do.

I just meant yesterday, that i wasn't going to take full credit and hog the limelight, for the great conversations several of us, over on the David Kerin-special BSG re-edits page thread you started is all dude, i wanted to include you too and sandy, cos you guys inspired my talks and feedback over there is all!

*Far as the Larson situation goes, having met the man only once and for a brief moment, i can say he is a gentleman and nice chap dispite all the disappointments with him not following up on his comments. And although to many that still wouldn't excuse the delys, if he does indeed owns the copyrights to the theatrical film rights to his original BSG series. I too was shocked when 2 months after i broke the news online to you guys (and gals), that i went to the NEC Birmingham convention in 2005 to meet the series stars, and although greatful in showing them the footage of me and Larson together and him saying he'd love to do a movie within 18 months on my camcorder, they were all unimpressed and unconvinced wih his statements.

He's not a bad man, but we'd all wish he could follow through is all, as do the entire BSG cast and crew too. But i'll say this in his defense, he ain't the only hollywood producer to want to revive a classic series and put it up on the big screen. Last i remember as well as Glen Larson's other shows like; Knight Rider, Magnum, The Six Million Dollar Man (The Bionic Man) other classic like the Time Tunnel, The Man From U.N.C.L.E were always said to be in Development Hell or possibly being fast-tracked over the years as well. So while yes, we deserve our doubts on his ability to do this alone by himself. The news of BSG being revived in any shape or format over the year for this amount of time, probably does point to it being taken more seriously than other classics TV shows that, although as remembered and had equal name recognition, the others have a much lesser chance of ever being made into a film, and if they were probably wouldn't be treated with as much respect and be totally changed to the point of being unrecognisable etc.

KJ