View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2004, 05:10 PM   #19
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

Default We've Accomplished So Much...

Hello All,

Well, another year has come and gone... but Galactica fans last forever! I am an Official Regional Chair for Battlestar Fan Club, and while checking my email today... I found a wonderful message from the Chair from England which says: " I feel that with this new year, we've got an entire Universe to jump start!" I agree.
When you sit back and look at the progress that the fans have made on behalf of Battlestar Galactica, you will see that we've climbed mountains. There is that wonderful DVD set, a mini series (yuck), several of the bigger BSG sites have gone down for lack of bandwith... which simply means that they couldn't keep up with the hords of fans who have felt the same kind of re-energized after the blitz of BSG news.
Now, it is out job to keep the fires burning. Battlestar FAn Club needs financial help, or we face having to close the site. Fans need to help out. We need to ask them just what they'd like in return for their help. Let's jump start the fans in a possitive way. Let's celebrate what we've accomplished and clean up after that mini series mess... well - we all do spill occationally. [lol]
I received my DVD box set as a shocking but welcome Christmas gift. The first thing I had to do was to watch the scenes that they cut from the opening/movie. I found it facinating as to what they decided could not or would not work, especialy Serina who went from dying of a starvation rather than a trane wreck! I really liked the scene where Adama is questioning himself and his ability to lead after they have realized the full magnitude of the destruction of the Colonies.
Happy New Year!
Legend
cdlegend is offline   Reply With Quote