View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2009, 09:46 AM   #22
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica 31st Anniversary Gift for all TOS ries fans still out there

Wish my skills as a former art student were good enough to get me to ask Bryan Singer to be apart of the Battlestar Galactica - Movie conception artists crew, lol. And apply for a job on the movie as a storyboard artist or conceptual artist etc.

Very early days yet. But who as a fan wouldn't want to be apart of that if they were fans of the classic series. I believe it was Vincent Guastini's comments in that 2004 issue of Cinescape that also spoke of how he wasnted to be apart of the Singer/DeSanto BG revival with his conceptualised concept designs, blowing things apart with a whole F-**king (Fracking) Cylon army etc.

IN ACTUAL SUITS

Yeah John Shourt wasn't alone in that mission to be involved with the earlier revival attempts. Hope there's some kind of 'leeway' with the upcoming movie? But we'll all wait and see how all that goes won't we, eh?

Far as the flying Motorcylces/Land Probes go, they were originally planned for the BG episode Showdown! And 3 were made according to the rebel characters who used them in that story. But only 2 were used for filming in G80 episodes for Troy and Dillon from the Galactica though. When they were used for that 'spin off' series instead. One can only wonder how they would've looked and been used in the original BG series in hindsight? G80 had a much less budget and used a front projection screening technique with actors on the props before the actual cameras.

The TOS BG series, might have made the flying cylces more dynamic by comparison, who knows for sure as its only a theory. As to how they'd have gone about filming those missing 'first season' episodes looking back.

KJ