Old July 20th, 2004, 05:26 AM   #4
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Thumbs up NEWS: Colonial Newsletter - 07/20/2004

(Continued)

= = = =

Sony to Unveil New PlayStation in May (BSG Video Game)

July 20, 2004 by Webmaster

It could be a long ten months to wait, but the next-generation PlayStation video game console from Sony is scheduled for industry demonstration in May 2005 with a possible released date to consumers later in 2005. The recent Battlestar Galactica video game currently runs on Microsoft Xbox and Sony PlayStation II. For the complete announcement from Sony, be sure to check out the following article at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums.

http://forums.battlestargalacticaclu...showtopic=2978

= = = =

Cylon.org: A Tribute to Our Founder

The new owners of Cylon.org have posted a tribute to founder Two-Brained Cylon: "The Triumvirate wishes to pay homage to the Founder of The Cylon Alliance, the Two-Brained Cylon. A man of uncommon talent and vision, TBC initially created CA as a place for fans of Battlestar Galactica to gather and express themselves without fear of censure; his only directive was that you tell the truth and be prepared to back it up. This was - and is - no place for […]. But, as with all great things, The Cylon Alliance quickly grew to become much more than a simple bulletin board for fans of a 25 year old TV show. CA now hosts tributes and commentary for classic science fiction of all kinds, and our discussions encompass far more than just Battlestar Galactica. All thanks to the Two-Brained Cylon. The baton has been passed, the legacy now entrusted to us, The Triumvirate. We have large shoes to fill. As he closes this chapter of his life and moves to the next, we express our gratitude to him on behalf of all members and guests of the Cylon Alliance. We salute his talent, his vision, his love of science fiction, all of which came together to drive and inspire him to create this place. We hope to live up to his example; we are certainly better people for knowing him. Two-Brained Cylon will remain forever a Friend of the Alliance of the highest rank. Thank you, Sandy. By Our Command The Triumvirate". Be sure to check out the new tribute page at the following link at Cylon.org.

http://www.cylon.org/tbc-tribute-01.html

= = = =

Tom's Take on Richard Hatch in the New Series

ColonialFleets.com webmaster thomas7g has post a very well-written article on Richard Hatch's guest appearance in the upcoming re-imagined series. For the complete article from thomas7g, be sure to check out the following link at Colonial Fleets.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ead.php?t=7384

= = = =

Cylon Alliance Chat Night

New announcement from Commander Taggart at Cylon.org: "For anyone that cares to take part, Cylon Alliance Chat night has been set for Wednesdays at 10:00 pm (Eastern) for the rest of the summer. Come one, come all, and lets engage in some real time discussion about whatever happens to be hot that day... that week... that month... that year. The URL is at the following link. Once again, this chat room is completely different software from the board software, so a separate registration is required. There are three rooms at the CA chat site: 'General', 'CAGuests', and 'CABusiness.' These Wednesday night chats will be held in the 'General' chatroom. We'll see you there!" Many thanks to Commander Taggart for the announcement.

http://www.cylon.org/chat/chat.php

= = = =

The Walmart Campaign

New report from Battlestar Galactica Club councillor Paul Pisano regarding the Walmart Campaign: "This is where you can send an e-mail telling Walmart to possibly carry a full line of Battlestar Galactica products in the future such as Comics, Novels, Toys, etc." To send an e-mail to Walmart, be sure to visit the following link at Walmart.com. Thanks to Kingfish for the report.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catal...21264:121283#0

= = = =

Aaron Douglas has lots to say about the Original Series

Aaron Douglas, Chief Tyrol in the new mini-series and long-time fan of the original series, has just launched his brand-new web site. Aaron Douglas writes: "This is my first day writing in my journal and on my website. I would like to thank Lisa for assisting me with this site. She is wonderful and much more computer savvy than I. At present I spend some time at Colonial Fleets and Media Blvd. There people ask me questions and I would like that to take place here as well. I would also like you people to tell me what you would like to see here on this site. I am a real person, I would like to think, and I really do enjoy talking to people and hearing about what they do and why they enjoy the shows they do. So hopefully every week or more I will post a journal entry and keep you up to date with what is going on with me. Hopefully I can get updates of photos regularly as well. I look forward to speaking with you all over the coming years. As a heads up it looks like I will be at Comicon in San Diego as a part of the Battlestar Galactica group for Sci-Fi. If you are looking for me in roles other than Battlestar Galactica I am in The Dead Zone on July 4th, Catwoman, Riddick, Saved, and I,Robot. Some are smallish parts but there are no small parts right? [...]" The web site of Aaron Douglas features: Biography, Aaron's Journal, Filmography, Home, News, Images, and Forum. For the latest from Aaron Douglas be sure to visit his web site at AaronDouglas.biz. Many thanks to Ioraptor for posting the announcement at the Cylon Alliance Forums.

http://www.aarondouglas.biz

= = = =

Moore, Eick, Rhymer, and Firefly

Cylon Alliance owner Commander Taggart posted a new report at Cylon.org: "I finally got around to watching the special features of the Firefly DVD set yesterday. I was kind of stunned when I watched the 'Making of Firefly' featurette. I mean, some of the things Joss and other members of the production scene were saying struck me as almost verbatim from notes I had read in the leaked RDM script. They talked about cameras appearing to be attached to the side of an aircraft (a specific mention in Moore's script the first time we see the 'Galactica'), cgi shots being out-of-frame, the uses of zooms, etc. These were all things that Moore touted as being central to his 'reinvention of the genre of science fiction television.' Joss also talked at length about how he wanted the Firefly story to be about regular people in space, doing regular things like 'looking for a job.' Again... a theme that Moore harped on in justifying his reimagination. What struck me was the innocence with which Joss and the others talked about these truly groundbreaking ideas. You didn't see Joss posturing or going on and on about how he reinvented SciFi. You just saw a gifted artist talking about how he wanted to try these different things because he thought they would work in his show, and he wanted to give his show a distinctive style. Joss quietly (and modestly) reinvented the genre of television science fiction, and will now most likely reinvent the genre of science fiction film. Moore, Eick, and Rhymer, in the meantime, tried to mine Firefly for any ideas they could steal, then ran around Hollywood (or, I guess, Vancouver) whooping it up about being the geniuses who were going to reinvent SciFi. Pretty pathetic. Especially since the shaky cams, polyester suits, zooms, and dark lighting didn't come CLOSE to working as well in the Abomination as they did in Firefly. That's the difference between being a true genius and being a hack who steals the ideas of a true genius. Like trying to set the art world on its ear by painting a picture of a woman with an almost mystical smile. I'm really starting to think that Moore was blown away by Firefly, and figured that since it was cancelled so quickly by FOX, people's memories would fade. But with the success of the DVD's, and Serenity being shot, he's been caught with his hand in Joss Whedon's cookie jar. So... let's review: he's poorly imitated Joss Whedon's ground-breaking stylistic approach to televised science fiction, and he's publicly stated that he intends to raid Battlestar Galactica for story ideas. Bonnie must be very proud." Many thanks to Commander Taggart for the very well-written report.

http://www.cylon.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=298

= = = =

Colonial Fan Force 2.0

The latest version of ColonialFanForce.org was recently published by Commander Taggart. The site features a new look, updated artwork, and additional sections including: Home, News, Contributor List, Introduction, Link to CFF, Flyers, Newsletter, Feedback, Links, Merchandise, Thanks, and Email Us. For the latest version of ColonialFanForce.org and to contribute and make a difference, be sure to visit the following link and help spread the word!

http://www.colonialfanforce.org

= = = =

BattlestarGalactica.com Renovating and Seeking Feedback

New report from Michelle at BattlestarGalactica.com: "Battlestargalactica.com is going to be remodeling, and we want your feedback! What do you want to see? How can we make this the most innovative, exciting and fan friendly site? What do *you* want to see? Let us know! E-mail suggestions to our team here!"

http://www.battlestargalactica.com

= = = =

(Continued)
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote