View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2020, 12:44 PM   #21
Jayworld
Warrior

Default Re: What order are the Richard Hatch books to be read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
Wow, Richard's books are selling for that high a price? Good thing I bought all of them as they came out for regular copy price!!
Yes, I did, too, but good luck on realizing anything close to that price when trying to sell (which is what I did this past year. I think I got close to $120 for the first five, and those were first editions, hard-back, and all signed by Richard (2 gold editions).

I thought it weird that Richard's gold editions were limited to 2,500 (or so, can't remember) but were nothing more than him using a special gold stamp in the front of the book at conventions and writing your number and signing the book in gold ink. The number never changed; i.e. if a person had number 1200 when they purchased a book, then that number was "assigned" to them and Richard would always use that number when signing future "gold" copies (limited to one per title) for the same person, if that makes sense? Because the price was much higher to get a gold copy, I only got two of them and then got the rest of my books signed the "normal" way for $10 - $20 each (depending on the show that Richard was at, it seemed). He used normal black Sharpie for the regular signatures.