View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #27
JSC1
Warrior

Default Re: Back and thinking about project

Thanks Lara. This helps.

I'm working on Aztec right now. There are a lot of names there. That civilization had 100 gods in its pantheon.

When I'm finished going through the different mythologies I'm hoping that maybe a section of the boards could be used as a mythlological knowledge bank where posters can add stories, names, etc for their own inspirations. I'll ask about it when I'm done. However that will take some time.

In the meantime I had an idea of how a Galactica continuation project could go, and I wanted to post it here as a matter of record.

I was thinking about the first limited series of Transformers posted by Dreamwave Comics years back. Essentially a terrorist put a bomb on the Ark II as the Transformers were going back to Cybertron so he could sell tehm as weapons to the highest bidder. Megatron woke up and decided to pass judgement on the human race for all the 'evil' it had done. Prime, who had also been dormant, rises to the defense seeing the good of humanity. Which nowadays is hard to see. The bad takes center stage it seems.

What I was thinking was that a continuation would happen yahrens later when most of the old guard is gone. New guard. They had fought the Cylons and won. A faction that rises to power decides that the Cylons would be servants as pennance for their atrocities. Warnings ensue, but they are shouted down.

Yahrens later the Cylons receive a signal from their leader and they revolt. The Cylons remember their directive to exterminate the humans, but now they have reason. Even if not all of them enslaved them they conclude it is best for the empire that ALL humans must die.

Somewhere else a restoration project in the Colonial museum is taking place. The Galactica is restored using original blueprints. But when the Cylons revolt the Galactica is called into service to save humanity. Or what's left of it. There is more to the restoration project as well if anyone's asking.

Cylons exterminate humans. The only reason why they would spare any is to see why they survived their first attack so they can kill more effectively next time.

Just a posting of an idea here. Although the 'killing of humans and seeing how they survive' angle may go into my fan project. This post was just a record posting I want to keep if I am able to do this idea professionally someday.

I'll let you know when I'm done with the Aztecs.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote